Welcome!

Shoes. What might they have to do with our identities you might ask? Well if I were to let my Blundstone boots briefly tell you about their experiences in my life, it might go something like this: 

Hi! I am a young pair of Blundstones, but don’t let that fool you! Since I was brought home I’ve been everywhere my owner Megan has adventured to. I’ve touched every type of terrain you could imagine, from rocks to mud, water to grass, and everything in between. I’ve explored all over Ontario at various national and provincial parks because she loves to Canoe trip, hike, and camp. 

Although I’ve seen a lot of the outdoors, mainly because that’s where Megan always is, I’ve also been to school, work, and anywhere else she needs a comfy pair of shoes. Even when I’m not on her feet, I’m packed away in her bag to be used later in her adventures. I don’t even have a spot in the closet or on the shoe rack because I’m hardly off her feet long enough to need any other home. She is always go, go go, and I’m right there with her!

That's me, I'm Megan Koetzle, the girl with the Blundstones, a.k.a. a teacher-in-training. This excerpt from my "shoe selfie" project is just one of the many experiences I have had navigating the different terrains of teaching. I hope you'll join me as I adventure through the various chapters in what I like to call "the teacher textbook," the never-ending textbook that is the life of a teacher!

      


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ch. 3: How do I know if this is right?: The Ins and Outs of Analyzing Digital Resources

Ch. 2: Breaking the Code in Digital Spaces

Ch. 4: A Wrap-Up on Critical Digital Literacy